Founded in 1985, Rocky Research is a small high-tech engineering firm specializing in thermal, energy, and power management solutions, with offices in Boulder City, Nevada, and Huntsville, Alabama. Rocky Research is home to a dedicated group of scientists, engineers, technicians, and support personnel, and a recognized leader in thermal and energy management design innovations. Made evident by Honeywell acquiring Rocky Research, in October 2020, and integrating Rocky Research into Honeywell Aerospace as a wholly owned subsidiary.
Utilizing Rocky Research’s advanced thermal management approaches and devices, the Huntsville, Alabama facility offers prototype assembly as well as production and integration of commercial, industrial, and military high-density electronic systems. The Huntsville facility has maintained the International Standardization Organization’s certification since first earned in 2010 (ISO 9001:2008) and then transitioned to (ISO 9001:2015) in 2016.
Our Boulder City, Nevada headquarters is equipped with an analytical laboratory for chemical analysis, physical property measurements, and prototype development, assembly and testing facilities for thermal equipment, and a prototype machine shop. Rocky Research’s scientists and engineers hold numerous patents related to complex compounds and thermal management technologies, supporting a broad range of commercial, industrial, and defense markets.
We have a long history of providing customized engineering and analytical services, and our core competencies include:
- Thermal Management and Heat Transfer
- Mechanical and Structural Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Controls
- Product and System Design
- Special Thermal Appliances
- System Engineering and Analysis
- Environmental Testing
- Program Management and Engineering
- High Efficiency HVAC&R Technologies
- Electronics Cooling Techniques and Technologies
- Light Weight Ballistic Resistant and Endothermic Material Technologies
- Custom Test Equipment and Test Platforms